[glugot] gcc prob solved, how to configure modem ??

Joe Steeve joe_steeve at gmx.net
Tue Jul 31 08:38:04 IST 2007

nachi at tce.edu writes:
>>  (1) How do you connect the modem to your computer?
>>  network-cable?  usb-cable?

> i use network cable i am not sure abu the modem (was given from
> bsnl)

Ok. Go-to your windows installation and check the "network
connection" settings. Get information such as, "IP-address", "DNS
servers", and "gateway".

Then boot in gnu/linux, login as yourself. (In GNOME) Go to
Desktop>Administration>Networking. From there it is fairly
straight forward to set the network details.

--
.o. I'm a Free man. I use Free Software.
..o